Monday, April 28, 2008

Two More Scam Letters

The two e-mail scam letters below are typical of these types of scams. They seek to have you send your personal details to them and thus be a willing participant in their attempt to scam you. The first scam letter tries to stir your emotions - especially your desire to protect the young and helpless. There is nothing helpless about the person sending this scam letter and I doubt that she (if she is a she) is 19 years old. These scam attempts fall into the Nigerian type of scam that has been around for many years. They first began using regular mail and then the internet gave these scammers greater access to the world. Now they can reach thousands at a time by mass mailing their scam to an e-mail list.
=========================================================
FIRST SCAM LETTER:

Dearest one,

Good a thing to write you. I have a proposal for you this however is
not mandatory nor will I in any manner compel you to honor against
your Will your profile pushed me to send you this mail, I am Miss. Yolinda
Ahmed 19 years old and the only Daughter of my late parents Mr and
Mrs.Hassan Ahmed.

My father was a highly reputable business Magnet-(a cocoa and oil
merchant) who operated in the capital of Ivory Coast during his
his Business trips abroad on the 24th November 2004, Though his sudden
death was linked or rather suspected to have been masterminded by an
uncle of his who traveled with him at that time, but God knows the truth!.

My mother died when I was just 4 years old, and since then my father
took me so special, before his death he called his secretary who
accompanied him to the hospital and told him that he deposited the sum
of the Six million, Three hundred thousand United State
Dollars.(USD$6.300,000)in a suspense account with one of the local banks here in Abidjan,Ivory Coast in favor of me, this I will like you to help me transfer
toyour account.

Now I am just 19 years old and a university undergraduate and really
don't know what to do, because I have suffered a lot of set backs as a
result of incessant political crisis here in Ivory coast, the death of
my father actually brought sorrow to my life, I am in a sincere desire
for your humble assistance in this regards, your suggestions and ideas
will be highly regarded, Dearest you will need to help me provide a
Good Account where This Fund will be ransferred in your country. After
which i can join you in your country to complete my university education.

Now permit me to ask these few questions:

1. Can you honestly help me as your sister?
2. Can I completely trust you?
3. What percentage of the total amount in question Will Be good for you after the money is in your account?

Please, consider this and get back to me as soon as Possible through my
private email box (yoliahmed11@hotmail.com), and please note that due
to my little age, I am not by law allowed here to present an account to
claim such big amount, the more reason I ask you to represent me in
this matter, so consider well.

Thank you so much and may God bless us.

N/B...IT IS VERY IMPORTANT YOU WRITE ME ON MY PRIVATE
EMAIL PROVIDED BELOW:

Yours Sincerely,
Miss Yolinda Ahmed
yoliahmed11@hotmail.com

======================================================
SECOND SCAM LETTER:
This scam letter is very blatant in asking for your personal details.

Dear Sir/Madam

A leading Chinese company SHANGHAI TRADING IMPORT AND EXPORT COMPANY
CHINA is a global trading company dealing with both various global
trading product like leather and texttile materials and
Telecommunications, Fish Farm product and Agriculture chemicals
materials, metallurgical products, equipments, spare parts, mechanical
and electrical products, as well as Chemicals and woodern
product/material into the United Kingdom, Canada, North and South
America, Asia,Australia and Europe.

We are searching for representatives who can help us establish a medium
of
getting to our costumers in the United kingdom Canada, America, Asia
and
Europe as well as been very interested in doing business with you
concerning Our product and making payments through you to us.
Please if you are interested in transacting business with us We will be
very glad. Please contact us for more information through:

Name: Mr.Xijun Yan Shan
Email: inquiry_shanghaitrading@yahoo.cn
COMPANY ADDRESS: B.21/F., Jianjing Building, 1399 Beijing Rd

W Shanghai Shanghai-200040 China.
TEL: 860-21-1406202
FAX: 860-21-1404324

Please if you are interested forward to us
1.Full Names:
2.Company Name:
3.Contact Address:
4.State:
5.Age/Sex:
6.Country:
7.Phone number:
8.Fax Number:
9.Occupation:
10.Email:

Thanks
Mr. Xijun yan shan
General Manager
=============================================
Never respond to any scam and especially never give out any personal details requested in a scam letter. People have been sucked in by these scams over the years. Some have lost everything; others were kidnaped and help for ransom and some have been murdered.

No comments: